Isaac's party was so fun! I was really happy with how well it turned out. We did a Mickey mouse theme. We did a hot dog lunch, colored mickey pictures, played with bubbles and had cake and ice cream. We just had 3 little friends over and some parents, grandma.....and...Mickey! Jonathan and I made a Mickey costume (mostly jonathan, i just paper mached and he did all the rest) and Jonathan came to the party as Mickey. It was so fun. Isaac and Allie loved mickey. Isaac was a little hestitant at first, but then loved him and asked for him the rest of the day and then next day. Annaliese was a bit nervous and both Abbie and Billy cried. Abbie was actually pretty terrified. oops! So we put Mickey away and had him come back to play with Isaac and Allie later. They had fun playing with the music set and tennis raquet and balls Isaac got. It was so fun and I think Isaac understood we were celebrating for him. I made some homemade decorations, a free hand mickey cake and we bought a few cheap Mickey things at party city like streamers and crayons. I have the cutest kids, and the best husband. He made the costume, came as mickey and helped with the food, cleaning and decorating. I think one of the most fun things about little kids is little things a big deal. They had so much fun, and so did we.
Julie and Tyson got Isaac a super fun music set. All the kids loved it and I'm excited to use it as a bribe for good behavior.

Allie as messy as ever. She loves cake and ice cream
Isaac loved being sung too and everyone looking at him. He even blew on the candles! You can see some of the decorations I made in the back.
Glad he liked his cake
Abbie didn't like having Mickey come visit. In fact...it took a long time to calm her down. Poor Abbie.
My camera is getting slower and slower so there is a fat chance in catching fast Isaac!
Isaac loved mickey.
Here is the full costume. Its not quite done in the picture, but this way you can see the shoes and everything.
A happy Mickey Family
Allie loved him. She gave him kisses and snuggled with him and followed him around. I thought maybe she knew it was her daddy, but when Jonathan came back she went looking for Mickey, she even checked the bathroom.
My Mickey cake I made all free hand!
I know its hard to believe, but I gave him the ears and he put on the sunglasses (that he found in the closet) and did this pose all by himself. I don't know where he got it from. But its halarious! I love it. He then got a shirt for his birthday of Mickey wearing sunglasses. Perfect.
Annaliese loved her Minni ears. (cried when she thought she couldn't keep them - good thing she could) Its great what a piece of paper and a headband can do. Katie Colton found the how to online for me. Instead of making an intense one with felt i just did paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment